Pattern Drafting

It has been over 10 years since I last drafted a pattern. My memories of pattern drafting were of lots of math and rulers and frustration.

So I did what any self-respecting seamstress would do and sought help.

Tea for fortification, and a book with all the answers. It is a combo that has seen me through many a problem.

My go-to helper on this type of work is this book- The Costume Technician's Handbook. I got it in college for costume design, and it has yet to fail me. A lot of patterning books move on from there to give you a lot of ideas and other options, but for the basics, this is just so super-easy to follow along that I love it.

Actually, the pattern drafting was surprisingly easy. I'd say I whipped out my block in about 45 minutes, excluding the time I stared longingly at Damon Salvatore.

I haven't yet created my block to see how badly I've done, but I'm fairly confident that if my measurements are good, then this should work. Reasonably delighted with myself on this.

Comments

Popular Posts